If you have a visa which qualifieas you to work in Australia, you have to apply for a tax file number to get a job.
There are more options to do so:
-you might ask for the form on the phone
-you might apply online
Within 28 days of your application you will receive a tax file number
To have a valid visa is the most important!
Contact us to choose the most suitable visa for you! Australian visitor visa, temporary work visa, sponsored visa, immigration to Australia etc.
And if you have it….
1. Take to Australia an independent mobile phone with you!
2. On arrival in Australia purchase a subscription, but think it over which tariff package you choose. It’s not always sure that the cheapest is the best!
3. You should have an ongoing insurance for the whole length of your stay when arriving (if you are going to spend more than 3 months in Australia, choose an Australian insurance provider).
4. Be aware of the regulaions the airline might have ( eg: max. baggage weight)
5. Australia is very far! The flight is very long! Take something with you to spend your time with during the flight!
6. You do not need to worry if you are late for your connection, on the next plane there are always a few seats reserved for this case.
7. Before arriving in Australia, do not be suprised on the plane if you have any strange experiences. (eg: the cabins are sprayed with some disinfectant before landing to destroyed any germs)
8. In Australia before getting out of the plane, each passanger gets an Incoming Passanger Card which must be filled in. It is very importent to fill it in with the correct datas. (If you do not know what this card is like, email us and we will send you a copy together with the instructions for filling.)
9. If you are planning to stay in Australia for a longer period, you should open a bank account with an Australian bank. You should require it online before leaving so when you arrive, your only task is to visit the bank to prove your identity in person. It is important to choose a bank very carefully and find a bank that meets your requirements. Contact us and we will help you with the administration.
10. Your credit card should be suitable for using in Australia!
11. When travelling to Australia you should have 1000 AUD in cash with you.
12. Purchase an electric adapter before departure.
13. Public transport in Australia is zoned.
14. Be prepared to get used to very different tastes in Australia.
15. Do not forget that in Australia summer starts in December, winter starts in June.
16. Remember that while in Hungary you should pay your bills and rents monthly, this is not the same in Australia, where you have to pay on a weekly basis.
You must undergo a medical check for Australian study (work) and other visa applications. For the examination you have to choose a doctor or clinic that is approved by the Australian government (varies by country).
Required materials, documents:
– Referral letter ( HAP ID)
– original passport
– ID documents
– urine sample
– 435 AUD ( price varies by country)
In Australia heatlh care is of high quality and affordable, the price of an examination is about 35 AUD on average. There are no vaccination requirements (besides children vaccination routine), but i t is recommended to get vaccination against Hepatitis A and B and tetanus. There is no malaria, cholera or yellow fever however, insects- , especially, mosquito-borne tropical diseases such as dengue fever or Ross river virus can cause severe health conditions. Flies cause problems mainly in the Australian outback as hundreds of them can pester the passer-by at the same time searching for protein in your eyes, nose, ears. So, you need to use effective insect repellents when in Australia.
There are 13 of the world’s most venomous snakes and spiders that can be found in Australia. If you are bitten by a snake or spider you should be taken to hospital immediately for anti-venom. Try to remember some snake or spider identifier points to be able to inform the doctor what snake you encountered with, so the doctor could decide on the suitable anti-venom for you.
Protect yourself from the sun and UV radiation. As the ozone hole is directly above Australia you can get sunburned more easily. Try to avoid staying in the sun from 11 till 15, use suncream with an SPF of at least 15 and wear protective clothing.
There are a lot of families contacting us with the purpose of travelling to Australia with the family.
Last year several families managed to travel in order that they can study or work in original English language environment or get to know Australia better.
Let’s revise the most important things you need to know before making a decision Continue reading